Join Project Lever as a Community Leader!
Are you passionate about expanding research opportunities to students across the country? Do you think every student should have a chance to engage in creative projects before they graduate?
Project Lever stands for student research and creativity. We help students start research projects and discover new things in the easiest possible way. We connect students to faculty advisors; suggest the best classes, grants, and previous student projects; and profile star researchers and faculty advisors in our Lever Magazine. We work with research universities like Harvard, MIT, Tufts, Johns Hopkins, and Columbia.
Now we want to take this revolution to your university – and we want you to lead it. This is not a campus representative job – we don’t want you to wear our t-shirt to class or convince your friends to like us on Facebook. This is an opportunity for student leaders to craft and lead an expansion plan for a national research initiative.
As a Community Leader, you’ll get to wear a lot of hats:
- Relationship expert: you’ll be reaching out to key university officials, faculty members, and student leaders on your campus to get them excited about helping creative students;
- Energizer: you will get students at your school to rally behind Project Lever;
- Communicator: you’ll work closely with the Project Lever team and other student leaders in your area to identify effective strategies for students to make academic change at their universities.
- Ability to build rapport and effectively maintain relationships is a must;
- Experience in student government, Model UN, political organizing is a plus but not a requirement;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Entrepreneurial approach to solving problems;
- Passion for helping student creativity.
- Availability to communicate with administrators and students over the summer.
We will help you expand your own professional and academic network and serve as a bridge to professional opportunities.
- If you are in research, we will make sure you meet professors that you would want to know in your field, either in your university or beyond;
- If you are interested in business, you’ll get a rare leadership opportunity and learn about business development, strategy, marketing, recruiting, and sales;
- We will work with you to make sure you are on track with your personal and professional goals!
- In addition, you will work closely with other students in your region to get to know other students with similar goals and interests.
Please send your resume to Marie Mekosh at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 19th to see if you would be a good fit!